VILLENA URBAN IMAGE MANUAL.
VILLENA. ALICANTE. SPAIN
VILLENA URBAN IMAGE MANUAL
The soul of a city goes far beyond the sum of its houses, squares and streets.
The soul is neither seen nor reasoned, it is only perceived. For this reason, when we visit a city we experience sensations that go beyond its tourist image. Villena’s Urban Image Manual (MIU) understands the city as a space for coexistence that must be thought for different groups in society and their activities. Rebuild your spaces to make it more friendly, more inclusive, more orderly: quality and creativity.
– Villena creative city: Music festivals, cultural activities, artistic expressions, imagination
– Villena + natural: Renaturation, more livable urban spaces, optimizing the environmental factor of the city
– Villena city with values: behind the postcard city are the values of its people, associations, groups
– Villena commercial city: transition from a productive economy to a service economy. Creativity, innovation, tours, points of attraction, renewed aesthetics, social networks
The MIU aims to respond to the process of natural transformation of the city by adapting its spaces, streets, furniture, etc. to the new needs and demands of the citizen. The inhabitant’s experience is the result of a series of components:
– The natural physical environment: vegetation, climate…
– The built environment: furniture, lighting, flooring…, and
– the socio-cultural environment: traditions, culture, history, security, economy, commerce …
The success of public space comes when these elements are combined, giving an aesthetic and comfort value to the space. That is what this document wants to achieve: living places that regenerate the surrounding spaces.
It is vitally important to understand this Document as the first document that, unitarily, defines the Urban Image of Villena. We speak of Projective Unit, understanding this concept as a City Project that introduces the concepts of urban quality, renovation and sustainable urban mobility.
Planning the phases responds to a strategy based on technical aspects (connections in infrastructures, continuity with the areas already carried out and relationship with the environment), economic (allocation and annual budget compatibility), commercial and social.
For this, the different road sections are worked providing a hierarchy, work on pavements, urban furniture, lighting, and discovering new spaces of opportunity that are currently dormant in the city and which, with different actions on them, can be turned into attraction and connection points.